Friday, December 16, 2005

Freedom Turns 23


Today marks the 23rd anniversary of Superman II's defeat of Zod, the overly handsome tyrant who tried to kill the world. I'd gladly sign a petition banning that crusty jerk, but he's dead now thanks to Superman II. Is he dead? Or is he locked in a weird 2 dimensional pane of glass? It's unclear, and only a review of the 1982 classic "Superman II" will unravel the mystery. But I must confess to all you germs out there that I have no idea how I'd go about watching that movie. I lack both the resources and the temperament for such an endeavor. But here's one possible explanation printed without permission from DW Griffith:

I don't really know

There you have it. Mystery and intrigue surrounding Zod's current status aside, we can all agree that Superman II did an awesome job.

No comments: